Before your treatment
Review these pointers to ensure your visit goes as smoothly as possible
- It's important to avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least two weeks before your scheduled appointment.
- Drink plenty of water in the days leading up to your treatment to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications: Certain medications, such as aspirin and ibuprofen, can increase risks during your tretament
- If you have hair in the treatment area, it may be necessary to shave the area a day or two before your treatment to ensure that the device is able to make contact with your skin.
- Avoid using chemical peels, exfoliants, and other harsh skin treatments on the treatment area for at least a week before your cellulite treatment.
After your treatment
Follow these important tips to get the most from your treatment
- After IPL cellulite treatment, it's important to avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least two weeks to protect your skin and minimize the risk of complications or side effects.
- If you experience any swelling, redness, or discomfort after cellulite treatment, you can apply ice packs or cool compresses to the treated area to help reduce inflammation.
- Drink plenty of water in the days following your treatment to help flush out toxins and support healthy skin.
- Avoid tight clothing that may rub or irritate the treatment area. Instead, opt for loose, comfortable clothing that won't put pressure on your skin.
- Avoid intense exercise and other strenuous activities for at least 24 to 48 hours after cellulite treatment to give your body time to rest and recover.
- Avoid using harsh or abrasive skincare products on the treatment area for at least a week after cellulite treatment. Instead, opt for gentle, fragrance-free products that won't irritate your skin.
Get Expert Advice